The results of an empirical study of the characteristics of cognitive, emotional and behavioral strategies of coping behavior in 1st and 2nd year students of a medical university prone to Internet addiction are presented in the article. It is empirically proven that students who do not have an Internet addiction in most cases use productive copings that can effectively overcome everyday stress. Students with a pronounced pattern of Internet-dependent behavior prefer unproductive coping strategies aimed at ignoring the problem, isolation, passive humility and self-blaming. The results obtained are important and can be used in psychoprophylaxis and correction of Internet addiction.
Internet addiction, cognitive, emotional, behavioral coping strategies, information stress, virtual reality, students.
1. Balykina A.M. An empirical analysis of students' Internet addiction // Bulletin of the Russian New University. Series: Man in the Modern World. - 2018. - No. 1. - Pp. 50-53.
2. Vanyushina E.A., Goncharova M.A. Modern trends in the formation of Internet addiction among students of a medical university // Bulletin of Science and Practice. - 2017. - No. 3 (16). - Pp. 134-138.
3. Zotova O.M., Zotov V.V. Information overloads as a stress factor for university students // Kursk scientific and practical bulletin "Man and his health." - 2015.-№ 4. - Pp. 108 - 115.
4. Malygin V.L., Feklisov K.A., Iskandirova A.S., Antonenko A.A., Smirnova E.A., Khomeriki N.S. Internet addicted behavior. Criteria and diagnostic methods: Textbook. −2011. - M., MSMSU. - 32.
5. Methods of diagnosis of coping mechanisms - Heim E. (E. Heim). URL: http://medpsy.ru/dictionary/metod_21_001.php (accessed December 20, 2018).
6. Molchanova L.N., Ilyina V.V. Features of the relationship of social intelligence and a tendency to Internet-dependent behavior among students of a medical university // Bulletin of the Southwestern State University. Series: Linguistics and Pedagogy. −2019. −T. 9.− No. 2 (31). − Pp. 170-184 ..
7. Nikishina V. B., Zapesotskaya I.V. The mechanisms of transformation of the state of dependence // University Herald (State University of Management). - 2010. - No. 17. - Pp. 83-87.