Article accepted for print: 29.06.2020
This article reveals certain features in the vectors of professional orientation and development of students of the International Medical Institute of Kursk State Medical University. Certain characteristics are described that affect the professional orientation of foreign students of a medical university. A brief overview of the techniques required to describe the psychological makeup of a modern medical specialist is provided. The role and contribution of cultural characteristics, emotional and evaluative personality components, on the basis of which the professional choice of a young specialist is formed, is evaluated. The determination of the choice of their own profession among students of the Faculty of Medicine takes place throughout the entire period of study, in the process of acquiring more and more extensive knowledge in specific branches of medicine. The article examines the socio-cultural aspects of adaptation of foreign students, within the framework and conditions of teaching medical disciplines using an intermediary language. The data obtained can be used to determine the vectors, individualize the process of training foreign students of a medical university, with the aim of a more conscious professional choice.
professional orientation; psychological makeup of a specialist in the international faculty; sociocultural adaptation.
1. Ageev V.S. The specificity of the approach to the study of perceptual processes in social psychology / Social psychology: a reader / V.S. Ageev // comp. E.P. Belinskaya, O.A. Tikhomandritskaya. Moscow: Aspect Press, 2000.S. 136-146.
2. Andreeva G.M. Psychology of social cognition / G.M. Andreeva - p M .: Aspect Press, 2000.288 p.
4. Karakovsky V.A. Become human. Human values. The basis of a holistic teaching and educational process / V.A. Karakovsky - M .: NMO "Creative Pedagogy", 1993. 80 p.
6. Korneeva S.A. Individual differences in self-regulation processes among university students / S.A. Korneeva // Post-graduate student, 2014. №2. S. 39–42.
7. Korneeva S.A. Features of self-regulation in students with different profiles of lateral organization: author. dis. ... Cand. psychol. Sciences / Korneeva S.A. - M., 2011.24 p.
8. Moral values and personality / Ed. A.I. Titarenko, B.O. Nikolaicheva. M., 2004.45 p.
9. Saltseva S.V. Theory and practice of professional self-determination of schoolchildren in UDO: monograph / S.V. Saltseva-Orenburg, 1996.151 p.