Article accepted for print: 20.05.2021
Social control is a useful tool to regulate the social relations. The so-called “soft” tools may take a form of derision or humiliation in front of many eyes. Although the Ancient Greece had such a way to control the mass, now it takes more severe character. The Greek could cancel person from the public by sending them to another city or country but in the contemporary society we live in two worlds simultaneously: world of those Greek people and social media. Double cancel may lead to devastated consequences.
cancel culture, society, every life sociology
This article is available in Russian only.
1. Voiskunsky, А.V., Dorokhova О.A. Formation of cybernetic: historical foundations and modern problems // Philosophy issues. – 2010. - №5. – С.69-83
2. Kulseeva, Т.G., Filippovich М.S. The normative crisis in Friedrich Holdeerlin’s novel “Hyperion, or Greek Hermit” // The Collection of Humanitarian Studies. 2017. № 6 (9). URL: http://j-chr.com/ (дата обращения: 30.04.2021)
3. Moscow24: Russian news : [web-site]. – Moscow, 2020. URL: https://www.m24.ru/articles/obshchestvo/27042020/156651 (дата обращения: 25.02.202021).
4. Nikolaeva, Е. V. The screen as a mirror of the media revolution // Nauka televidenia. 2017. №13.1. URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/ekran-kak-zerkalo-mediynyh-revolyutsiy (дата обращения: 21.02.2021)
5. Filippovich, J.S., Filippovich M.S. It Is Better Not To Be Better: The Destructiveness Of Perfectionism // Psychology of health and disease: clinical and psychological approach. Х All-Russia Conference with International Participation. Kursk: KSMU. 221-226 pp.
6. A letter on justice and open debate. Harper’s magazine. URL: https://harpers.org/a-letter-on-justice-and-open-debate/
7. Cascone S. Artist Emma Sulkowicz Wore Asterisks—and Little Else—to Protest Chuck Close at the Met (and Picasso at MoMA). Arnet News. URL: https://news.artnet.com/art-world/emma-sulkowicz-performance-protest-1214429
8. Chuck Close is accused of harassment. The New York Times. URL: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/arts/design/chuck-close-exhibit-harassment-accusations.html
9. Pathak Sh. #Canceled: How cancel culture is affecting brands. Digiday magazine. URL: https://digiday.com/marketing/cancel-culture/
10. Romano A. Why we can’t stop fighting about cancel culture. Vox Magazine. URL https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/12/30/20879720/what-is-cancel-culture-explained-history-debate
11. Weiwei Shen, Online Privacy and Online Speech: The Problem of the Human Flesh Search Engine, 12 U. Pa. Asian L. Rev. (2016).